Students come in a classroom, ready to learn. Relevant and motivational messages in the classroom help create a positive learning environment in which students feel safe, be inspired, stay open-minded and be willing to work hard. Here are some Chinese inspirational posters we can use to tackle 7 areas of learning:
[Tweet “Isn’t it a great idea using Chinese inspirational quote posters to create a positive learning environment.”]
1. Believe in yourself
It is very important for the students to believe in themselves. Whenever they have doubts, these posters can help them to switch their mindset and believe in their capacities again.
xiāngxìn nǐ zìjǐ!
Believe in yourself.
wǒ xíng, yīnwèi wǒ xiāngxìn wǒ xíng.
I can because I think I can.
2. Don’t give up, keep going
Language learning can be dull at certain points. It is normal. However, the students should always remember that they should never give up and keep on going.
yǒng bù qìněi!
Never give up.
bú pāi màn, jiù pà zhàn
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop － Confucius
3. Cultivating a success mindset
Having the right mindset sets the path to success. That’s why these posters can be quite powerful.
cóng nǐ suǒzài dì dìfāng kāishǐ, shǐyòng nǐ suǒ yǒngyǒu de, jǐn nǐ suǒ néng.
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
chénggōng shì měitiān búduàn chóngfù nǔlì de zǒnghé
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
Kids change interest often. But perseverance is the key to any big results we would like to achieve.
shēnghuó yǒu liǎng gè guīzé: yī) Yǒng bú fàngqì. èr). Yǒngyuǎn jì zhù guīzé yī.
Life has two rules: 1) never quit. 2). Always remember rule1ī.
5. Aim high
Always aim high, just as this quote says:
jiù yǐ yuèliàng wèi mùbiāo ba, jiùsuàn méi dǎ zhòng, nǐ yěyǒu jīhuì shè zhòng xīngxīng.
Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. – W. Clement Stone
6. Attitude towards mistakes | failure
Many times attitude determines the end results. It is really important for the kids to establish the right attitude towards mistakes and failure: they should understand that it is OK to make mistakes and failure is the beginning of learning.
yīgè cóng bú fàncuò de rén, yīdìng cóng wèi chángshìguò rènhé xīnxiān shìwù
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
qǐng jì zhù, shībài shì yīgè shìjiàn, ér bùshì yīgè rén.
Remember that failure is an event, not a person. – Zig Ziglar
7. Overcoming procrastination
For many students (also to adults), procrastination is a big hurdle. Unwilling to start, waiting till the last moment… Hopefully these posters can motivate them to take action and get things done before the due date.
jīnrì shì, jīnrì bì
Never put off what you can do today till tomorrow.
qiānlǐ zhī xíng, shǐ yú zúxià
A thousand miles begins with a single step.
kāishǐ de shíhòu nǐ bù xūyào hěn bàng, dàn nǐ bìxū kāishǐ cáinéng biàn dé hěn bàng.
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
How do you find these Chinese inspirational posters? Do you find them motivating? What’re your thoughts? Are there any other posters you would like to use in your Chinese classroom? Let me know!
How to Get the Resource
- 10 Motivational Quotes in Chinese
- 12 Chinese Sayings on Life Lessons
- 12 Chinese Sayings on Life Lessons Poster
- 16 Chinese Proverbs on Teaching and Learning
- 12 Chinese Sayings on Books
- 12 Chinese Proverbs on Time
If you like this post, PIN IT!
You May Also Be Interested:
- Chinese4kids Membership – a portal for busy Chinese teachers and parents
- Chinese learning flashcards Hive – a flashcards library that with regular additions of new quality Chinese learning flashcards
- Chinese learning worksheets collection – Also a part of Chinese4kids membership, this collection is for teachers and parents who want to have access to engaging worksheets and activity sheets created for kids learning Mandarin Chinese as an additional language
- Speak Chinese with Kids Course