The four seasons in a year are Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. In Chinese, we say “春夏秋冬“, that means, for Chinese people, Spring 春天 is the first season, indicating the start of a year and Winter 冬天 is the last season of a year.
WHAT ARE THE 4 SEASONS IN CHINESE
Season in Chinese is 季节
As we mentioned before, “春夏秋冬” summarizes the 4 seasons. Chinese people sometimes use this phrase to express the period of one whole year. In details, the four seasons are:
TYPICAL WEATHER FOR EACH SEASON
We know that each season has its own weather: it rains a lot in Spring; it is hot in summer, it is dry and cool in autumn and it is cold in winter. How can we describe the weather of the 4 seasons in Chinese?
COMMON CLOTHES IN EACH SEASON
Based on the weather condition, people wear different clothes. Here are some examples.
春天 In Spring
雨靴 rain boots
风衣 wind coat
夏天 In Summer
短袖T恤 short-sleeve T-shirt
游泳衣 swimming suit
秋天 In Autumn
冬天 In Winter
*The flashcards featured in this video, word wall and this video is available in our Member Area.
WHAT CHILDREN ENJOY DOING IN EACH SEASON
In each season children love playing different activities outdoor with friends. Here are some common ones.
骑自行车 to ride a bike
种花 to plant flowers
放风筝 to fly a kite
游泳 to swim
玩沙 to play with sand
踢球 to play soccer
打篮球 to play basketball
冬天： In Winter
滑雪 to ski
溜冰 to ice skate
堆雪人 to make a snowman
In the end, let’s bring a craft idea into the learning and make it more fun!
If you like this post, PIN IT!
You can purchase Seasonal Clothes Theme Chinese Learning Pack at our eBook Store:
You may also be interested in:
- Chinese Word Wall for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
- Animals Rock: Chinese Animal Nursery Rhythms including Workbook
- Gardening Theme Chinese Learning Pack for Kids
- Learn Chinese in Springtime
- Chinese Children’s Song Lyrics
- My Colorful Fruits and Veggies (mini books and worksheets on Colors, Fruits and Veggies)
You May Also Be Interested:
- Chinese4kids Membership – a portal for busy Chinese teachers and parents
- Chinese learning flashcards Hive – a flashcards library that with regular additions of new quality Chinese learning flashcards
- Chinese learning worksheets collection – Also a part of Chinese4kids membership, this collection is for teachers and parents who want to have access to engaging worksheets and activity sheets created for kids learning Mandarin Chinese as an additional language
- Speak Chinese with Kids Course