Now that the weather is getting warmer, the birds chirp, more greens come to earth and flowers begin to blossom… we can feel the buzz of Spring in the air. Children enjoy outdoor activities such as gardening, riding bikes and flying kites. What a beautiful time it is to learn some Chinese !
How to Say “Spring” in Chinese
Spring in Chinese is 春天 (chūn tiān)
春 chūn means Spring
天 tiān means Day
春天 chūn tiān means Springtime
Common Chinese Words for Springtime
There are so many objects that are mostly seen in Spring. Let’s find out how to say them in Chinese.
小草 xiǎo cǎo little grass
小花 xiǎohuā little flowers
郁金香 yùjīnxiāng tulip
青蛙 qīngwā grog
瓢虫 piáo chóng ladybug
小鸟 xiǎo niǎo little bird
鸭子 yāzi duck
蜜蜂 mìfēng bee
蝴蝶 húdié butterfly
毛毛虫 máomao chóng caterpillar
种子 zhǒngzǐ seeds
太阳 tàiyáng sun
雨 yǔ rain
云 yún cloud
风筝 fēngzhēng kite
Some outdoor activities children all enjoy in Springtime include the following;
骑自行车 qí zìxíngchē ride a bike
放风筝 fàng fēngzhēng fly a kite
种花 zhònghuā plant flowers
Learn about Butterflies
Don’t you love watching butterflies in Springtime? I bet your children do! The colorful butterflies are great inspiration for kids to learn colors in Chinese.
It is also great to learn some body parts of them:
A Chinese Tongue Twister about Butterflies
hēi húdié fēi
Black butterfly flies
huī húdié fēi
Gray butterfly flies
hēi húdié fēi wán
Black butterfly stops flying
huī húdié fēi
Flies the gray butterfly
*Pay attention to 黑(hēi – black), 灰 (huī – gray)and 飞(fēi).
Have Some Chinese Reading Fun
There is nothing more rewarding for young Chinese learners to read from a book. Here is a little text they can read alone with a little help of images.
[Tweet “There is nothing more rewarding for young Chinese learners to read from a book like “In Springtime” Chinese reading book. “]
Zài chūntiān, cǎolǜle
In Spring, the grass turns green.
Zài chūntiān, huā kāile.
In Spring, the flowers are blooming.
Zài chūntiān, húdié zài kōngzhōng fēi.
In Spring, butterflies fly in the air.
Zài chūntiān, xiǎo niǎo chànggē.
In Spring, birds sing.
Zài chūntiān, xiǎo jī xiǎo yā chūlái wánshuǎ.
In Spring, chicks and ducklings come out to play.
To make the whole Chinese learning in Springtime easy to access, we created a worksheet pack which include vocabulary flashcards, color cards and activity, butterfly body parts, Spring Chinese character writing worksheet, butterfly tongue twister, In Springtime reading book and coloring pages.
If you like the post, PIN IT!
Resources mentioned above:
You may also be interested in:
- Chinese Word Wall for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter
- Animals Rock: Chinese Animal Nursery Rhythms including Workbook
- Gardening Theme Chinese Learning Pack for Kids
- Chinese Children’s Song Lyrics
- My Colorful Fruits and Veggies (mini books and worksheets on Colors, Fruits and Veggies)
You May Also Be Interested:
- Chinese4kids Membership – a portal for busy Chinese teachers and parents
- Chinese learning flashcards Hive – a flashcards library that with regular additions of new quality Chinese learning flashcards
- Chinese learning worksheets collection – Also a part of Chinese4kids membership, this collection is for teachers and parents who want to have access to engaging worksheets and activity sheets created for kids learning Mandarin Chinese as an additional language
- Speak Chinese with Kids Course