When the weather gets warmer, we start to see insects everywhere: in the garden, we can find ants; in the park, we can see butterflies, ladybugs and bees. Have you introduced these little friends to your child? Let’s learn some insects Chinese vocabulary together!
Insects Vocabulary in Chinese
Insect is called 昆虫(kūnchóng) in Chinese.
Here is a list of insects children often see:
蚂蚁 mǎyǐ ant
蝴蝶 húdié butterfly
蜻蜓 qīngtíng dragonfly
瓢虫 piáo chóng ladybug
毛毛虫 máomao chóng caterpillar
苍蝇 cāngyíng fly
蚊子 wénzi mosquitto
蜜蜂 mìfēng bee
蚱蜢 zhàměng grasshopper
萤火虫 yínghuǒchóng firefly
Note: this worksheet, together with Insect word wall and flash cards, is available for our members in the membership area.
Sentence Example of Insect Vocabulary in Chinese
Let’s make some sentences with these insect vocabulary.
Chūntiān dàole, húdié dàochù fēiwǔ.
Spring has arrived. Butterflies are flying around.
Huāyuán lǐ wǒ kàn dào hěnduō mìfēng.
I see many bees in the garden.
Máomao chóng zhǎng dà hòu jiù biàn chéng húdié.
Caterpillars grow up and become butterflies.
Wǒ xǐhuān piáochóng, wǒ bù xǐhuān cāngyíng.
I like ladybugs, and I don’t like flies.
If you like this post, PIN IT!
You can also purchase Insects Theme Chinese Learning Pack at our eBook store.
You may also be interested:
- Chicken, Cow, Dog… Farm Animals in Chinese
- Learn Mandarin Chinese in Springtime with Spring Theme Chinese Learning and Activity Pack
- Bike, Bus, Car… Transports in Chinese
- Gardening Theme Chinese Learning Pack for Kids
- Chinese Children’s Song Lyrics
- My Colourful Fruits and Veggies (mini books and worksheets on Colours, Fruits and Veggies)